View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Thats like refusing to exchange your car for a house because the house can't move you around... Sure Seguin won't play in net but he's worth a HELL OF A LOT more than Price just because of supply and demand.

Players of Hall or Seguin's quality are a rare commodity, starting goaltenders are not. We can easily find a decent backup for Halak, who is a good goalie himself. Have you noticed we always have good goalies but have been searching for a mythical star forward for decades?
Yeah ok bad comparison on my part. However I think supply and demand is in favor of goalies here not forwards. Sure we can always start arguing about whether if Seguin and Hall are future top-30 scorers and I wouldn't know, but I think there's a lot more decent scorers in this league than #1 goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Huet was worth a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline and wouldn't be that much of a downgrade over Price or even Halak. Is the downgrade between a Huet and a Price worth more than the friggin' first overall pick?
Except Huet was 32, impending UFA with a cap hit of 2.245 when we traded him, not 22 with a tiny cap hit for years to come. That makes a big difference

Edit: Besides what would be the difference between say the 1st or 2nd of this year with the 5th or 6th? I think this is the kind of pick we'll get if we trade Price and don't get any decent backup in the process. I mean just take the Cammalleri injury into context and we're most probably heading towards a top-10 pick imho.