View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Frankenheimer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
From our good friend Eklund;

Is Price on the way out? "Quite possibly," a source added... Amazing as it sounds, Jaro Halak has won the spot in many minds. Do you remember when I put out a rumor a few months back saying the Habs had a deal Habs fans would love, but Price would have to be sent away? (ah, the memories...great times...the hate...so much wonderful hate) Well the deal is...still available, however, the names are different. In the original deal Montreal would have received a serious #1 goalie in return. While I can't say the name of the team, Montreal now is getting their #2. but a much better top 6 forward...(and a serious prospect who will be adored in that city)

Everyone add their 2 cents in who they would think this is, not saying it is real, but if it was everyone speculate and say who.

GO!
Why can't he say the name of the team? Anyway, there's not enough information there but I think we can eliminate all the teams with number ones that are already of equal or better value than Price, or just not likely to be traded: luongo, brodeur, miller, etc. I would also think it unlikely he will remain in the eastern conference, and definitely not in our division. That would eliminate at least 15 or so teams:

Vancouver
NJ
Rangers
Pitt
SJ
Cal
Buffalo
Boston
Ottawa
Toronto
Washington
Colorado
Phoenix
Anaheim

I would rule the above teams out. Maybe St-Louis?