View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 08:01 PM
gafel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Poni would be a great addition to the Pens.

He's always working, is very defensively responsible. Earlier in the season when the Leafs were really bad he was leading the team in +/-, and for a while was our only positive +/- player.

He'll stand in front of the net, go behind it and dig in the corners.

Not physical in the sense he'll initiate the hits, but he is not afraid to use his 6'4 220 frame to his advantage.

I think Tangradi for Poni would be too much, as would Depres, although the Leafs lack defensive prospects aside from Blacker.

Caputi would maybe be a good alternative coming back the other way. Toronto native, power forward who goes to the net, exactly what Burke covets.
I agree, I would really like to see Ponko come to the Pens. I feel the reason he's streaky is because he plays lazy for the Leafs from time to time, which I would as well if I was playing on the Leafs (no offense, Leaf fans). He would not play lazy with the Pittsburgh Penguins on a line with Malkin centering him. Or, as of late a line of Malkin-Staal-Ponko.

I'd take Ponko any day of the week for us. Him coming here would spark the hell out of him as well. Plus, Malkin needs a big guy with net presence. He misses Ryan Malone hard. Ponko = win.

gafel is offline   Reply With Quote