View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 11:55 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Its absolutely a down year for him. You have to factor in the injuries he has dealth with being a physical player. Over his last 6 seasons he is averaging 27 goals and 50 points per 82 games.
Ok, I'm all over this statement because that is so wrong, I don't know where to begin. Over the past six seasons, Hartnell has scored a total of 257 points. Divide that by the six seasons and round up and he's at 43 points per year. Over that same six season span, he scored 131 goals. Divide that by six and he's averaged 22 goals a season over that time. This is not a down year for him. This is on average as to what he would normally get. Last season was a career year for him.

651 career regular season games, 343 regular season points. 39 career playoff games, 15 career points. And that's worth 4.25 million dollars a year because he also "checks and isn't afraid to fight"? Come on, Mike. We don't argue about much (other than Hitch), but Hartnell was a bad signing and he doesn't really bring much to the table. I keep hearing about how there's no one here to face guys like Kunitz, Guerin, Staal, and Malkin, but wasn't that the reason why Holmgren brought in Pronger? So that when playoff time rolls around, he can be that hammer that pounds those guys.

The Flyers are better off without Hartnell in the lineup. Honestly, the locker room issues that we're hearing about (old city, the partying, the fighting amongst guys), I'm wondering if it's Hartnell who might be the cause of this as well. I think the wrong guys (Lupul, Upshall) were sent packing.

EDIT: Hartnell is NOT a power forward. Guys like Tocchet and Neely were power forwards. Hartnell is nothing more than a Shjon Podein clone who has a bit better hands. That's it. To even call Hartnell a power forward is laughable.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote