View Single Post
Old
02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
johnniewalker

vCash: 500
Dallas interested in Goligoski

Now, let me preface this by saying that it came from TIOPS, and could easily have zero credibility. Some of the speculation in this article is also shocking in terms of values being discussed, though that doesn't necessarily make it untrue. The proposed HF value of a player and their real-world value are often very different.

With that said:
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...ensemen/21943/

Quote:
A top priority for the Dallas Stars is acquiring a young puck moving defenseman and while the Stars are among several teams expressing interest in Kris Letang, making a play for Letang would cost at least one of the Stars "big" young guns James Neal or Loui Eriksson.

Hence, the Stars have significant interest in puck moving defenseman Alex Goligoski, sources tell me.

The Stars have even made young stay-at-home defenseman Mark Fistric and 20 year old winger Jamie Benn to a much lesser extent, available in a potential deal for Goligoski, a league source tells me.
I would totally send Letang and a pick for Neal or Eriksson, but understandably Dallas is not interested in that.

The notion of Benn, however, is very intriguing.

What does everyone think the approximate value of Benn would be for us? What picks or prospects would need to be added? He would make basically any prospect in our system other than Tangradi expendable.

I would give Goligoski and Caputi and possibly even a pick for Benn and Ott. Is that too much? Not enough?

Ott's cap hit is 1.5m and he's an UFA after this season. Benn is on his ELC and is a RFA in 12/13, with a cap hit of 0.822.

With the cap hit we have remaining, and the money we could save by trading a Dupuis or a Fedotenko as a salary dump, we could roll with a lineup like this in the playoffs.

Kunitz - Crosby - Guerin
Malkin - Staal - Fedotenko/Talbot
Cooke - Ott - Kennedy
Rupp - Adams - Godard/Dupuis

johnniewalker is offline   Reply With Quote