02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Fraction Jackson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post
Dallas : Gologoski , Tangradi , Sneep , 1st 2010

Pitt: Benn, Neal, Fistric

i may be way off
If this happened I would cry tears of pure joy.

Also, if we managed Goligoski for Benn + Fistric somehow I'd be really happy too. I don't think that happens, but Benn is a cheap winger with potential and Fistric is the kind of physical, crease-clearing, intimidating D that we could use. It'd be like having two Orpiks, only Fistric is even stronger I think even if he's less polished at the NHL level. A defense with Orpik, Fistric, Eaton and McKee would give Fleury a lot of support and make us annoying as hell to play against.

The main issue I would see with doing that is we'd lose some of our puck-moving ability from the back end. Despres aside, there's not a lot in the system to make up for that going forward; Sneep isn't guaranteed, I'm not sold on Alex Grant very much, Strait isn't really a puck-mover and of course neither is Lovejoy. The only guy who would really fill Goligoski's role would be Velischek - he seems like a very similar style of player, but of course he's a few years away even in the best case scenario and we have no idea how he will turn out.

Still, with that problem in mind, I would still do Goligoski for Benn + Fistric without much thought.

Fraction Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote