View Single Post
Old
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Oh me too. Which means that it's not going to happen.

I could see a minor swap for someone like Ott though. Definitely an under-the-radar player that would be good for the stretch run. I wonder who Dallas would want, though?

Goligoski's an overpayment by himself for a Steve Ott rental.
I'm gonna go the other route on this. I would take Eriksson before I took Neal. I'm fairly convinced that Eriksson is a younger version of Marian Hossa, with great goal scoring ability, ability to play in all situations including the PK, fast, just everything you could possibly want in a winger. Plus, he's signed this year at 1.6M and then the next 4 years after that 4.25M. So we have him until he's 28, at 4.25M, playing with one of the two centers (probably Crosby because a line of Kunitz-Crosby-Eriksson sends chills up my spine offensively as well as defensively).

Neal on the other hand, is an RFA this offseason and with scoring totals of 24 in his rookie year, and probably close to 30 this year with 65 points, he's goign to get wayyyyy overpaid this offseason I think. Something in the area of 5M-5.5M would not be out of the question I don't think if they wanted to lock him up through some UFA years. I'll take Eriksson contract that's already taken care of and cheap over Neal. Plus I just think Eriksson is a better player at this stage in his career. More polished, does more things to help a team win than Neal does.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote