View Single Post
Old
02-04-2010, 02:46 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpitt05 View Post
Dallas isn't trading Neal. Put yourself in their position and ask yourself why would you ever trade him unless its huge overpayment. Benn would be the guy to focus on when trying to acquire him in a trade. Look at his age and contract, he'd be a fantastic fit here. Even then, if your Dallas, why would you trade him right now? They'd be better off keeping both and signing a dman in the offseason. Gogo+ for Benn is what it would take for Dallas to start listening.
See I kind of disagree. I think Benn for Goligoski is a totally fair deal. Dallas' major weakness is on the backend, especially when it comes to puck movers because Niskanen is not coming along as they expected as far as I've seen him. They need someone like Goligoski (and yes I know Vishnevsky is expected up next year but I think Gogo has a much better future than he does anyway). They have so many forwards right now between Neal, Eriksson, Benn, Glennie, Brunnstrom (yes I think they still have some faith in him), plus the rest of the forwards they have in their system. I think they're in a position to deal someone like Benn to get back a solid puck mover and not really lose too much sleep over it.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote