View Single Post
Old
02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalker View Post
I explained badly in my example, but the 56.422 is already allocating $5 million to split between the 3 positions with X salary. I also edited my post to undo what appeared to be snarkiness, because I didn't mean it that way when I wrote it but it sounded that way when I read it.

I do agree, though, that it's risky to be close to the cap especially when relying on unproven rookies in your lineup, though I really meant any old rookie would do in those spots. If you put Johnson or whoever impresses in camp in at LW, Letestu or whoever impresses at camp at C, and maybe a cheap free agent on the final pairing, you could save most of that $5m I allocated for the trade deadline and have the space to pull off a big deal.
True, the only thing is if Letestu isn't the real thing we're a two line team which I'll go on record saying I would be fine with but a lot of people around here disagree.

Like I said the second LW spot is the only big thorn in my side, but I guess you can't have everything. It would be nice if the light bulb went off for Tangradi. I don't think anyone else has the potential to be more than a stop gap at that position.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote