View Single Post
Old
02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Fred Flintstone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The Thrashers will want to resolve this issue before the Olympics to try and get whatever return they got as much time to acclimate to continue their playoff run.

My opinion is that our defense is questionable because of Murray not in spite of him. He's not the only one but he's one of the reasons. Blake is the other big one to me. Both are not quick to pucks and are prone to not getting them out or getting beat to them and thus allowing teams to sustain pressure in our zone. He's also not capable of being leaned on when others are out. He's maxed out right now, imo, and it's barely passable as a borderline #4. He's not a legit #4.

I don't think it'll actually happen but Clowe, Murray, prospect, and a 1st for a rental Kovalchuk gives them something even the Hawks and Wings don't have. With them, the choice is easy on who to put your best defenders on. Hawks have Brouwer-Toews-Kane and Ladd-Sharp-Hossa as their top two lines. Wings have Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom and Cleary-Filpulla-Bertuzzi. Those choices are easy compared to Marleau-Thornton-Heatley and Kovalchuk-Pavelski-Setoguchi. At first look, it's easy to go with that top line but you give inferior competition to a guy like Kovalchuk and he's going to own you consistently.
ok true. but do we all really think inspite say we get kovalchuck that our d will be able to hold up with a nabby who seems to give up softies come play off time?