View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 09:00 PM
habsfan4life

vCash: 500
I think Perreault is an excellent asset... maybe he isn't the total package (far from it) but if every player on our team was as good as we all wish they were then, what would be the point in playing 82 games? Hockey is a team sport and it requires all five men on the ice working as well oiled machine.

Perreault has a poor +/- sure, but I think that has something to do with him playing against highly skilled forwards and he also has PK time.

There is no way of downplaying the importance of Perreault in the face-off circle... think back to the playoffs two years ago when.... the player slips my mind, but some goat lost a key faceoff in our zone and the Canes burried the puck on us to end overtime... theres a good chance that Perreault would have won that faceoff (stats don't lie).

He wins key faceoffs in both zones and gives our dmen control of the puck. He's the guy you want to see on the ice with 7 seconds left in the game when we need a goal taking the face in the offensive zone.

As well, he makes good filler when our clay forwards start falling off like pigeons at a shooting gallery.

They can't all be superstars guys, we just have to accept this.