View Single Post
Old
01-16-2005, 04:42 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
All right, here's both arguments that both sides seem to have been arguing back and forth for god knows how long.

Leafs: TML have a shot at Carter because he wasn't signed under the old CBA, he apparently loves Toronto, and I'm not really sure why else.

Flyers: Carter will be signed because Clarke abided by the NHL's request and didn't sign his prospects. Yep, that's right, Bobby did what the NHL wanted. Bettman is unlikely to shaft Clarke for doing what the league wanted. Also, the Flyers don't really have a history of letting key free agents get away. While I do acknowledge Recchi's achievements and respect him a ton as a player, he didn't really show up come playoff time.

I don't think that either side is really going to budge...therefore it's sort of pointless to continue to argue, just my opinion.
Good stuff. You also forgot to mention that at no time has Jeff Carter indicated he is annoyed at how the Flyers treated the situation. In fact, there was an article out within the past few weeks stating the exact opposite.