View Single Post
Old
01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipCzech
This is a tough one. A trade that dramatically changes both teams. The problem is I don't know much about Spezza. I see he has good size, but I hear his speed isn't anywhere near Marleau's. What about physically? He's probably a better playmaker than Marleau, but Marleau's a better goalscorer? Marleau made decent improvements in his consistency and physical play last year, so it would be hard to trade him now that he's the captain and finally putting everything together.

Now considering just a swap of Sturm and Havlat, I would do it. As much as the Sharks fans would hate it because we all love Sturm and what he brings to every game, Havlat in my opinion is the superior player. I've seen his success while playing for the Czech Republic team and he's been no slouch for Ottawa either. I drool of a line of Michalek - Marleau - Havlat. Disclaimer: I know there are many Ottawa fans who wouldn't do this trade.
Spezza has great hands and a great skill set in general. Can stickhandle and skate through traffic like a legit NHL superstar. Has good size, has good speed. The biggest knock on him is that he doesnt backcheck (which may be improving), and makes risky decisions IMO. I know Marleau is a good player, but I think Havlat for Marleau by itself would be roughly fair value. Spezza is huge over payment for Sturm.