View Single Post
Old
02-05-2010, 02:43 AM
yukoner88

vCash: 350
from an Oilers fan to Thrashers fans

Now that Atlanta has an extra 1st rd pick, think we could target one of them. Brophy mentioned in the intermission during the game tonight. I don't normally put much into what he has to say, but for once, he brought something up that would be an interesting idea. The Thrashers are still in a playoff race and with Kovie gone, will most likely want to add to the team as it moves forward this season. Even though Oduya went to Atlanta they could use another defenseman and will want someone for the left side. Another point with Atlanta is that they have ALOT of UFA's this year, so may need a couple guys on contract aswell. Here's what I'm thinking

To Atl:

F Penner
D Souray
D Peckham

To Edm:

D Bogosian
F Kozlov
F Machacek
Devils 2010 1st rd pick
Thrashers 2010 3rd rd pick

Atlanta may not be on the TSN list, but they did state there are more teams, but the Thrashers are in a playoff race so he might be interested. Yes hes injured right now, but will be returning with roughly a month left in the regular season so Waddell(sp) may be interested. It would hurt to lose Penner right now, but his moving his salary would be a big help in resigning some of our RFAs. Kozlov is an UFA this summer. Bogosian is a young defenseman, with nice size who can crash and bang a bit. 6'3 205 with 134 hits this season and has a small offensive touch to his game. With Atlanta's aquisition of Bergfors, we may be able to pry Machacek from their system. He's had a decent junior career in Vancouver and is having a good year in the A. He's 20yrs old and could provide some depth on our farm team and possibly crack our line up in a yr or 2. With the draft pics and prospects that Atlanta received the pics in the proposal could be available aswell. With this deal Atlanta stays competitive with a couple guys who are signed for the next couple seasons. We get cap room to re-sign our RFA's we want to keep, and continue to formulate a young core to build around. The extra draft pics help us keep the cupboards full, and Atlanta hangs on to their 1st, and the devil's 2nd.

Would you folks be satisfied with this deal? I'm curious about your thoughts