View Single Post
Old
02-05-2010, 03:38 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck10 View Post
Experimenting w/ different blade patterns, through trial and error, can definitely be a frustrating and expensive process. You just never know if you like/dislike the pattern until you get on the ice and try it. Even if you go the 2-piece/wooden replacement blade route, over time, it adds up, and you're left w/ a basement full of "used once" obsolete and unsaleable blades. Better than buying a one-piece and not liking it though! The most economical choice would be to borrow a friend's stick, but in that case, you can't cut it to your preferred length and do you really want to risk breaking his/her stick and being responsible for replacing it?

Once I find my pattern of choice, I'm done.. I'll be sticking with it for the long haul. Trying to stick with either Bauer or Easton since it's less likely they'll be discontinuing and/or changing patterns like some of the other manufacturers have done over the years.

Slightly off-topic, sorry I'm venting today, but the other thing I find extremely frustrating about pattern experimentation is finding your preferred stick length with the particular pattern you're trying. Because of differences in lie, rocker, etc., I find that, again, you just never know until you actually hit the ice and see how it feels.
Tell me about it. My garage is full of aging sticks. I failed to sell them timely.
I have a news for you. Most players adjust to a curve. Otherwise frustration similar to yours in inevitable. Once you know how to shoot, the only difference is heel or mid. That is because you place the puck on the blade by feel w/o looking. The rest such as curve radius, rocker, let alone toe shape can be adjusted to.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote