View Single Post
Old
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Tumsh

vCash: 500
Not directly a Thrashers fan, but it's a team I like for different reasons. In particular (but not only) I am Swedish and I really like Enstrom. With the recent influx of Swedish players, it's become even more interesting for me. Though don't get me wrong, I like the style of hockey they play, and I also like other guys like Kane and Antropov.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I really hope they make a psychological assessment of Cormier. There might be other issues beneath which triggered the elbow. Just dismissing it as some kid who got a little too competitive seems irresponsible (by the NHL) to me. What if there's some chemical imbalance, or he has anger management issues, or something else? Then letting him out there again is like letting a ticking bomb out there. They need to make sure that whatever help he can get to prevent this from happening again is given to him. If these precautions are taken, I don't have a problem with him being in the NHL.

PS. If it's already done and I'm just not aware of it, please point me in the right direction