View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 01:43 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
It's been a long time since this thread was used, but I felt now was the time to dig it up since I've resumed work on these.

I've got all but about four Russian prospects done for Europe, and I'm about to pick back up with the OHL and USNTDP. A few observations thus far:

- This is the most talented Russian draft class since Europeans began coming to the NHL en mass in the late 80s and early 90s. Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Zaytsev (who I'm particularly high on; defenders with his wheels and consistency don't come along at this age very often), Kitsyn, Burmistrov, Kabanov, Galiev, and now a fast riser in Ivan Telegin. Flight risks or no, it will be tough to ignore the talent the Motherland has to offer this year.
- I expect Brett Connolly to fall in a similar fashion to Budish, although maybe not quite as far. This would put him right in our laps.
- There's a really nice mid-round sleeper to be had in Joonas Donskoi. I expect him to fall to the mid/late third round. All the reports point to a faster version of Hörnqvist.
- This will be a banner year for the OHL. They could have 30 picks in the first two rounds. By contrast, it's a very weak year for the Q, with most of their better prospects coming from Russia and the Czech Republic.

Overall, I have to say that this is a very strong draft class. I was expecting this to be a weak year, but it hasn't shaken out that way.

Still taking orders for packages. See Post #1 for ordering details (if you've already ordered one, don't freak out; I have your e-mail address).

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote