View Single Post
02-06-2010, 02:06 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Originally Posted by HannaColts View Post
Im not talking about them leisure one, I mean the ones wear your one defense and you do probably maybe 10 rapidly to get going to get a good gap on the forward..

Im okay on one side, \but the other blows, I seem to push with my toes a lot

Ok, I wrote this in another post but, I think that this might help.

I recommend that you try this at your next stick and puck. Grab the net and pull it back as you skate down the ice. It like have a large balance walker that you can use to adjust balance as you crossover when pull the net backwards.

Now, as you have seen these skating videos above, I need your to grab the cross bar (without your stick) and I want you to adjust the cross bar so that it length of the bar is kind of facing down ice.

Then, what I want you to do is turn your body in such a way so that you are facing the cross bar. Then you are going to pull the cross bar closer to you to cause the net to move, once the net starts to move, I want you to do two cross over as you pull the net.

I'd like for your to pull the net as you cross over so that the net is amost facing the other direct, about 180 from what you started. At that point, I want you to make sure that your balance is stable with the weight distributed between both legs. This is called the "transition" between cross overing between one way to the other.

Once you have this transition performed, then I want you to cross over in the other direction by pulling the net with you as you cross over. The net should be back to the initial starting point where the net is back about 180 so that the cross bar lenght is facing down the ice.

Then just repeat down the ice. What this is going to do is help use those big large crossovers edge work. Once your get use to the technique, then you can reduce the amount of angle that you place on the net for balance.

Once you have this down, remove the net and increase the speed. Donn't forget to keep your balance. Start off slow, then increase the speed and you skate backwards.

Hope this helps!
Head coach

Hundreds of Hockey Drill for FREE at
Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote