View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 03:58 AM
fire bettman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I know this isn't everyone, but why do people think we have a goaltending problem? Even when the Flyers were slumping, their goaltending wasn't the problem. If the Flyers make a trade (which they pretty much have to with all the moves the Atlantic is making) they have to go after a serious D-man. Doubling (or quadrupling, haven't done the real math) Emery's salary to get Turco while not focusing on the team's real needs, would be a terrible idea. I say go after Niedermayer in Anaheim.
I'm with you... I'm pretty happy with our goaltending situation right now, I don't see what all the uproar is about. Emery has been playing really well lately and was playing stellar before his injury. Leighton deserves a lot more credit than Flyers fans have been giving him. He has been nothing but solid from day one, who cares if he doesn't make those perfect pad deflections on every shot he can't snare? He's a perfectly reliable backup for now. It makes me wonder how good of a goalie we have to get for everyone to be satisfied. I think everyone needs to take their eyes off of the stats sheets when it comes to our goalies because after Emery's terrible slump (which we know now was because of injury) and Leighton's horrible start with Carolina it will take some time for those numbers to reflect how well they've been playing as of late.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote