View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 11:00 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Asham will almost certainly (and should) sit if this guy is in the lineup tonight. Yes he is a scrapper, but so is half the team. Asham does not have a nice playmaking touch. His chemistry with JVR (and Giroux for that matter) is there but not more than any out of the ordinary. I don't know too much about Leino's defense so I can't talk about that. Leino, from what I have seen, has a scoring touch. He's not gonna put up 50 goals, but JVR and Giroux would both benefit from having a scorer on their line. I'm cool with Leino starting over Asham or Leino being the 13th forward. I think Leino would do better but it wouldn't be a huge upgrade so either way. I think Powe should definitely not sit though. It should be Asham or no one.
He's not going to put up 10 goals.

I love Asham, I think he has nice hands, he's a good forechecker, he scraps, creates trouble, plays hard, works hard, hope we resign him, but he's really earned his spot.

He had a great year last year and started this season out on the bench, but did he complain? Nope, he just earned his spot back.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote