View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'd switch Giroux and Briere (Giroux-JVR chemistry), but I can get behind this idea.
Yeah, I like Giroux-JVR too. I'm just so sick of Carter-Briere.

If you wanted to get really silly with it. You could go...

Gagne-Richards-Carter
JVR-Giroux-Briere

I maintain as I have all year that JVR-Giroux-Briere is good stuff. It was good stuff for 3 preseason games, and it can be again. They're similar to the point where they think so damn silly about the type of things they like to do with the puck, that they need guys like each other to really create the magic. That line is about the magic. And there's enough of it to negate the need for an emphasis on grinding or physicality.

They were actually a PP unit last game which I laughed with appreciation for. I've been crying for Richards to be put on the point of the PP all year(not so much because I love him there, but because I wanted Giroux and JVR to both get PP time, and because Coburn is good for nothing on the PP but a good one-timer once in a blue moon)...but then Lavi finally puts Richards on the point, and instead of giving JVR the open slot up front, he gives it to Powe, haha. I'm a huge Powe fan, but no to the PP for him, no matter the capacity. But anyway, JVR was out there in his place last game, so that was good to see.

Main point here is, more line combos need to be tried.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote