View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 02:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This is empirically not true if you look at their respective game logs. You can blame that on injuries (clearly a problem with Emery as of now), but Biron was significantly more consistent than Emery has been with us this season.

Emery (.905, 2.64) has five starts where he gave up 5+ goals in 29 games here.

Biron (.915, 2.76) had five starts of 5+ goals in 55 games last year.

Year before (.918, 2.59) had five starts of 5+ goals in 62 games.

You are allowing your dislike and/or perception of Biron and desire for Emery to be good create an inaccurate analysis. The reality is that they're in pretty much the same group, but Biron has displayed a LOT more consistency than Emery in his NHL career, both here and elsewhere.

Emery's SVPCT in NHL seasons to this point: .902, .918, .890, .905.

Consistency and Emery do not belong in the same sentence. He's having a decent year here, but he has been nothing special, and part of being "consistent" is not getting hurt (unfortunately for him, and us).

Like I said, Im not looking at the past because over and over it has shown that it doesnt mean ****.

Take away Emery being hurt (Biron was not hurt when he gave up the 5 goals) and I bet the stats would be 100% different. And personally... I think their both average but this whole "Bring back Biron" is getting way too much. Biron was really bad. Most of us wanted him out easily. He, singlehandedly, lost us some games last season.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote