View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan4Life View Post
What's going to being interesting is how the structure of the organization is going to shake out.
Yeah I have been wondering a little about that as well. I mean obviously the Oilers will be in charge of the players, player procurement, the coaching staff and that sort of thing. But I wonder how it works beyond that? I know some clubs like say the Hershey Bears the local group makes good money and actually kick extra money above and beyond their affiliation fees to the Washington Capitals. Which is used to go after high profile AHL free agents and probably other operating perks for the team. So in essence Hershey is paying for at least a couple of the players themselves and probably have some say in who to get. I am just not sure how that sort of thing works and probably differs somewhat between team to team. It seems like when the parent club actually owns the AHL team they are pretty heavily involved in everything. As opposed to for example Springfield where the local group owns the AHL team. They had minimal input into the team on the ice but also could not afford to pay anything towards player salaries.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote