View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post
I'd say Mario Lemieux is more talented than you or anyone you know... and he specifically stated he didn't like composite sticks because taking passes was difficult with them. I used wood for 20 years and noticed the "ping" feeling of a composite right away.

Almost everyone I know, many who are elite players, have said the same thing.

There is a big difference between the feel of wood and a composite, very few people would argue that. I've even had people fire passes at me while standing still, and let the puck hit my stick without cupping it, just to see how far it will bounce... and there is a huge difference in the way a puck "pings" off a composite as compared to wood.
All I can comment on is what I feel and like yourself I've used woodies for 35 years. I did not notice a difference in feel when I switched.

I use Harrow composite 2 pieces if that helps any. I do know they designed them for feel and not to be the lightest stick on the market. The shafts have vibration absorbing things inserted every few inches.

Whatever ... I am not lying about it. I don't think you have to be a pro to tell the difference between feels. I used wood for many years .... you would think I would have noticed a huge change.

The composites today are better than when Super Mario played by the way. That was what .... 2005 when he called it a career? 5 years ago .... lots of things have changed with compos between now and then.

Hey I'm just sayin'. I personally did not notice anything to get upset about and have had NO issues whatsoever.