View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Finally a half-decent thread. There hasn't been to many of these lately.

Here are my two cents:

1. Gainey has very little wiggle room. AS left him with contracts that no GM in their right mind will trade for.

2. Offense will be a problem all year so get used to boring defensive battles.

3. Pre-season has been positive from the perspective that Julien and the Habs brass have decided that the only way to win is to instill a true defensive system. So far the results have been positive. The Habs have kept the score down and also controlled the game. They outplayed Boston and Toronto by all accounts.

4. The only "move" that can help the Habs is moving Brisebois for some offensive help. I think this will happen sooner than later. There is abundance of D-men and I we keep hearing how Brisebois has bulked up (upper body) and playing more agressive. Either the spin doctors are working overtime or Breezby has turned himself into a true NHL d-man. Eitherway, the Habs will trade him.

5. Finally I'm convinced the Habs have turned the corner because they finally have upper-level management that won't listen to certain members of the French Press. For all of those 110% listeners, you know who they are. Don't underestimate the power of these voices and over the years they have forced mistakes from AS and Houle. Do you think Audette, Perreault, Juneau would of played anywhere else in the NHL.

Gainey won't listen to any of that crap. We have already heard how boring the Habs are, how useless Rivet is, Koivu sucks (Bergeron's new whipping boy), defense sucks, Ribiero is the greatest thing since sliced bread, all the usual crap eminating from Bergeron, Villeneuve and Rinfret.

So arm yourself with patience, get ready for boring defensive hockey but the payoff will be a much more competitive team than last year.