Thread: Ankle Injury
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2010, 07:39 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Well I'll definitely go get it checked it out. It's just killing me. I have insurance through the ncaa for doctors outside of the program but have had a copay in the past. My hesitance to visit a doctor lies more in my suspicion that he will simply tell me that it's not broken, which I already know, and suggest that I rest, ice, compress, elevate, which is all I've been doing already without looking into possible ligament damage. I'm not suggesting I have some major damage - I don't know jack about diagnosing these things - but I already know that I have an "ankle sprain without much swelling and no broken bones".

If that's all a doctor is going to determine for me than I don't feel like wasting my time. I would like for someone to recognize the possibility of ligament damage, even if it's not severe, and look into it beyond a naked eye analysis and get me into an air-cast or whatever is necessary ASAP if it is indeed more than just a sprain (which I believe it is, based on the angle my foot bent at, the way I came down on it and the volume of the pop that I heard) so that I don't do any more damage to it and can back on the ice as quickly as possible.

I'll get it checked out Monday morning. There's no orthopedist in the area that's available tomorrow and I'm not going to bother with the ER.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote