View Single Post
Old
02-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
So did the Caps sell their soul to the Devil? What makes them have so much luck?
Everyone needs to stop bringing up the Caps. They're an offensive, regular season juggernaut. They're not built for the playoffs, and can still be badly exposed on any given night if the other team can keep its cool against their offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If you take a look at the good teams, there's at least one or two players who are willing to carry the team on their back when things are going bad. They step up their game and every one else seems to follow. Simply put, we don't have those kinds of players in Philadelphia. We have very good complimentary players who can go on streaks, but we don't have anybody who is willing to step forward to be that guy to carry the team.

Whether it be a lack of heart, lack of ability, or lack of caring (I really think it's this), we just don't have that guy. Something is awful in that locker room right now. Holmgren moved the "guilty parties" in Lupul and Upshall, but it's even worse now. So, something has to give.
I've got a friend who has been saying this for a long time. It's been true the entire duration of him saying it. As far as the locker room goes, I think this is the problem too...not necessarily that something is sour and chunky like real old milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedhed View Post
The rest of the NHL have found his weaknesses and he hasn't changed his game to compensate. I don't think he ever will either.
Ok, so you've said you've been a Flyers fan since the beginning, which is cool and all...but how much have you seen of Carter's career since the beginning? Dude's been the same player the whole way, and that he puts up the numbers he does without really adapting is incredible. That being said, it's not that opposing teams have figured him out, it's that his shooting percentage is down from 13.5% (top goalscorers' %) to 9% (you're below average NHLer or just plain unlucky average to superstar level NHLer). Put him at 13.5% and he's at 33 goals, with 26 games to reach the 40 plateau again. (Using those numbers would also have him surpass last year's goal total and would give him 48 this year. Talk about eye-opening!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
We're now barely in 8th... This season sucks ass. I expected so much more
There were holes still left open by Holmgren&Co. at the beginning of the year. Chris Pronger will absolutely be key to any Cup the Flyers win in the next 7 years, but he won't be the only one. This roster has to be filled in a way that everyone knows their role. That's clearly not the case right now (Powe in the top six, third line center should be 100% locked in on this type of team, a healthy goalie, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Mods, do we really need a thread insulting Irish?
Oh, poor EJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
That's the mark of a sport in which an opposing player is charged with stopping 91% of all your opportunities.
Fantastic way to think of it.

Last edited by Terence Peterman: 02-07-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote