View Single Post
Old
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I doubt Anderson would have signed here after we signed Emery, so you would have had to sign him first...but who knows what Emery thinks if he isn't coming in as the obvious starter?

It's tough to get that good a backup unless you have a young guy who you control contractually (Nitty), or just sort of luck into one...so, in that sense, I was fine with Boucher. He is what he is...just didn't like him behind a question mark in Emery.
That's the thing. I'm fine with Boucher if it were any other legitimate starter, but going into the season Emery was one of the biggest question marks in the league. It's just not smart to sign a guy like Boosh in that situation.

Personally I think Emery would have been fine even in a backup role. He seemed very happy to be playing in the NHL over the KHL and I imagine that being in a backup role wouldn't have stopped him from coming over here.

Even if we couldn't get both Emery and Anderson, I would have preferred to keep Niitty and have gone with either an Anderson/Niitty tandem or Emery/Niitty tandem. I wasn't all too concerned about his hip problems.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote