View Single Post
Old
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I've got a friend who has been saying this for a long time. It's been true the entire duration of him saying it. As far as the locker room goes, I think this is the problem too...not necessarily that something is sour and chunky like real old milk.
My dad always said that as well. And it holds true. As much as hockey is a team game, you also need those guys who are willing to carry the team on their back and that it's those kinds of players the rest of the team will follow. Look at players like Semin and Ovechkin, Kopitar and Brown, Stamkos and St.Louis, Staal is doing it alone in Carolina. But everyone of those guys listed have carried their teams on their backs at one point or another. Carter and Richards have had the luxury of being surrounded by good players. Well, now is the time for them to step up and carry this team. They want to be the cornerstones of the franchise - time to stand up and deliver and carry this team through these times. No more excuses, no more "well, we're playing well as team but...." type of answers. This is their team. Stand up and deliver.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote