View Single Post
01-18-2005, 03:02 PM
John Flyers Fan
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by David Puddy
That is a fine point. The Harts are worth a lot. I would like to know what other illustrations you might offer. If it's All-Star Teams, both were named to four end-of-season teams. However, Clarke was named to two First All-Star Teams, and Henri Richard was named to only one. That gives the edge to Clarke. Stanley Cups might be another illustration, which would be a staggering victory for Canadiens great.

But I think you have helped to turn me on this debate.

Here is the controversial ESPN Top 100 NHL Players:
32. Marcel Dionne

37. Henri Richard

41. Bob Clarke

This is the list that has Forsberg as the 17th best NHL player of all-time.

While THN's list isn't perfect, it't the best I've seen. The ESPN list is so bad it's laughable, I believe we had a big thread on it before in the Devils board.

My biggest contention is with Dionne. The guy played 18 years in the NHL and managed just 49 career playoff games. He never won a 7 game playoff series. Read that again, he NEVER won a 7 game playoff series.

I relaize his teams in L.A. were never the best, and I'm not asking him to win the Stanley Cup, but if you're truly a great player, you have to do something in the playoffs.

Name me one other player in the history of the NHL considered to be a great player, that never win anything more than a 1st round playoff series.