View Single Post
Old
02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Skribes43

vCash: 500
Becoming a college scout

First off, if this isn't posted in the right spot, please move it, my bad.

A little background info here, I am a junior in high school, and very interested in hockey. I've played off and on for years but as everyone knows, hockey is expensive and I've been unable to play because of monetary issues. But, even if I did play, my "career" would not go far because I'm not very skilled. So, my hockey career is about as far as it can go. We have a USHL team so I watch hockey every weekend and I watch a lot of NHL hockey online.

Now like I said, I'm a junior in high school and everyone keeps asking what I want to do and I really want to become a scout. Now I'm not dumb enough to believe that I'm gonna be a scout in the NHL or anything like that. I would however, like to be a college scout. Division I may be out of the question but Division III might be.

I've been thinking about a plan to go to a school with a hockey team and talk to the coach about interning or maybe even starting out as a scout after I graduate.

Is this the best way to go about it? I would love to hear different ideas as to go about it.

Skribes43 is offline   Reply With Quote