Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Mathieu Darche called up
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
Actually I would prefer to see Darche on the 3rd line once A.K is back. Before last season, Darche had 28 games played in the NHL so we can consider that is last season was is firt and he had 22 point. Darche will never be a top 6 player but he adds something the teams lack. A big body (6'1 215 pounds) a forward who can forecheck and a human who will play nhl games like it's always is last one. The last point is the most important, seeing someone like Darche working very hard to keep is spot will give energy to all is team mates. ++ on a line with Metro and Moen I think we have a nice 3rd line. This line is gritty, big, can chip in offensively and will be very annoying to play against.

And I am sure giving him a full season Darche can put up around 20-25 points and thats all im asking of him.
I just realized that Darche can be seen as a very good replacement for Steve Begin, a bit more productive, I hope and if we are lucky won't get injured too often.

Darche has shown me something different than what I thought he was before he signed with us. Before, I thought he was a Top-6 type player who didn't have the speed of execution to make it in this role in the NHL, like say a Corey Locke. However, I did not realize that he had the grit and character to play a 3rd or 4th line role. But he does, and this puts a whole new perspective on his place on a team. He can be relied upon to play bottom-6 but has enough skill to be an injury replacement for a short time in a scoring line. Of course, he won't score at a PPG pace in the NHL, but he has enough on-ice savvy to not kill his line's chances by being out there while his teammate heals.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 02-07-2010 at 11:06 PM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote