View Single Post
Old
02-08-2010, 02:15 AM
EmDeeZee4MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
only because our other dmen are rookies and the others are redden and rozsival.

so because those of us who want to get rid of girardi because we are not satisifed with the way he plays, we are pathetic. signing girardi would be another step toward more mediocre play. at least we have hope in staals potential. wanting to get rid of a guy because he is at best average is not pathetic, its logical.
No, criticizing a player who is consistent defensively, over his lack of physical play, is pathetic. Please, convince me how Staal is significantly better than Girardi. You argue that Girardi's game hasn't vastly improved thus far in his 4yr tenure with the Rangers? How has Staal's game progressed? How did the offensive experiment work out? We put Staal on this legendary/untouchable pedestal because of his last name. Is he more "reliable" defensively? Sure. But just because player a is better than player b, that doesn't mean we should dismiss the other player. That's all I'm saying.

He is the least of our problems. On a championship defensive roster, would Girardi be on the top pair? Probably not. But again, that shouldn't mean that he is defensively inept. That's the logic I am arguing.

I agree with you and everybody else that Staal is better and has more upside than Girardi. But outside of Staal, Girardi IS OUR BEST DEFENSEMAN. Why everyone is so quick to run him out of town, I don't understand. Its not like he has a Rozy/Redden type of contract.

EmDeeZee4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote