View Single Post
Old
02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I would waive Redden and Rozsival and look to fix our offensive woes by signing a couple of legit second liners or offer-sheeting a young RFA. The point is, signing Kovalchuk puts is back in cap hell and forces us to fill out the rest of the squad with marginal players. This isn't high school where you can roll 2 lines and expect to win.
I never said it was. What you can do is have 2 legit scoring lines for the first time in ages, no matter whose accompanying these great talents (hello Erik Christensen!, hello Rich Peverly in Atlanta!). You can then slot our younger players into more suitable roles because, lets face it, we have numerous 3rd/4th line grinder types on the system, a few players with top 6 potential, and a noticeable deficiency or any true bluechippers.

I just happen to think Gaborik and Kovalchuk on the top 2 lines for the next several years will create a trickle down element to the lineup that will actually wind up helping us immensely, especially when Drury comes off the books. If you think the organization should sign some stopgags while the prospects develop, thats fine, Im not knocking your opinion. I just think the organization would be wasting an extraordinary opportunity if they pass on a generational talent like this.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote