Old
02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That would be absolutely fine with me.

In a couple of years, I think Staal/MDZ will form a legitimate first pairing. If McDonagh can be a solid second pairing guy, I think we'll be in good shape going forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Especially because I think Sanguinetti will be a 2nd pairing offensive d-man it works really well.
I agree. Staal and Del Zotto are our most talented young defensemen and have the highest chance of forming our top pairing. I think Del Zotto's game will really round out in the next couple years and Staal... well he's already shown what he's capable of. He's getting **** on this year by some people who are simply vultures when it comes to a player that's struggling, and it's completely unwarranted. The kid is going to be a defensive pillar on this team for the next 12 years. He's in his 3rd year in the NHL and is eating up big minutes while being matched against some of the best players in the world. Get off his case already.

Now that my rant is over, I will say that I'm excited by the potential versatility in the defensive depth. We're not overloaded with one type of defensemen, and that's a rarity.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote