View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Habber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
To put Markov and Breezer in the same example is an insult to Markov's defensive abilities.
Yeah your right there. Markov is definately superior to Breezy in the defensive aspects of the game and lumping them togther isn't fair to Markov. But the strong part of Markov's game isn't in the defensive zone, and that was the point I was trying to get across. To me, Markov is merely average in the defensive zone, he just looks good compared to the rest of the guys we have.

I'm more worried about guys like Rivet and Quintal, who are decent enough d-men but aren't very mobile and tend to get turned around in our own end. Having them stay put and get some help down low will be good, and should help to prevent massive breakdowns like we had last year.

But there will be nights when we'll be cursing this passive system. Highly skilled forwards can pick apart this sytem fairly easily. If you give time and space to guys like Forsberg or Jagr, they can do some real damage. But I'd rather force good teams to make the perfect play to beat us than give up scoring chances to plummers.