Old
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubbles..
I go to school for Meteorology and I'm involved with many different weather forums. Been following this storm for awhile now. While the potential for 15 inches of snow still exists, the computer model runs have backed off on such drastic precipitation amounts. We're still looking at anywhere from 6-12+, but the previous situation where we were in the jackpot zone for 15+ has shifted southwards. It looks like once again the DC/Northern Virginia/MD/Delaware area seems to be in the zone for higher totals. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of time for model guidance to change, areas of the heaviest snow to change, but as it's looking right now, there may be an area of dry slotting which very well could occur between central jersey up through nyc. Basically, first section of the storm 3-6'', dry slot wednesday morning/noon, heavier banding as the low cranks up again, 4-8'' through Wednesday night. One thing that is known for sure is that winds will be quite gusty with sustained winds for most between 15-30mph and gusts approaching over 50mph. I'll post something else as the time period for this storm comes closer.
What's your username on eastern us weather forums? Nice to see another weather fella on the boards.

And as to someones ratio questions.

Every 1 inch of rain is 10 inches of snow.

1 inch of liquid is 10 inches
2 inch of liquid is 20 inches

so on and so forth.