Thread: Dan Hamhuis
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Enoch, well said. I know we've all been disappointed with the 2/8 pairing but everything that Poile has said in the past about Hamhuis makes me believe he'll be back next season. As inconsistent as he's been, Trotz still puts him out there for a lot of minutes and Poile has always stated he's part of the 3 defensemen that he wants as his core so he's either been lying or it's just a matter of time before he's re-upped.

I do wonder how long Trotz can use that pairing with the results he's getting. I always marveled at Anaheim and their use of their d-men. They always seemed to have pairings that didn't make sense but for some reason worked. Pronger and Niedermayer were used together on the PP and PK but hardly at even strength and I was always puzzled that Brookbank would get minutes with a guy like Niedermayer. I know many of us would like the cube and Klein back together again but I wonder if splitting up Weber and Suter might be the best answer. Pair Suter with Klein and Weber with Hamhuis and see what happens. I don't know that it works but maybe those are better pairings overall as opposed to having one very solid pair and another that makes you want to go nuts. I just think something needs to be done to gain more consistency on the blue line. I also wonder what the PK combinations should be as well and I think a Suter/Hamhuis and Klein/Weber pairing system may work a little better too. Who really knows but I think it may be time to tinker with this some.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote