Thread: Dirty tricks
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2005, 10:12 AM
WhoozYerrDaddy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Vic
That said, what baffles me is the goalies who pitch a hissy fit when I'm still whacking away at the puck BEFORE the whistle. The second I hear it, I back away RIGHT THEN. However, if there's no whistle, it's my right to keep whacking away until the goalie gets enough control to get a whistle or the puck goes in. If he has a problem, too bad. It's totally legal.
Actually, it is quite illegal, at least in the US. You can't keep hacking a goalie, whether the ref blows the whistle or not. (S)He's got it, it's done. You trying to break the goaltender's wrist or hand?? In a GAME!!??!!!??!

Some of the ideas being floated around in this thread kind of irritate me. Nobody that posts here plays in the NHL or anything close to it. Hence the term 'beer league.' Go out on the ice, get some exercise, have some fun, hopefully win, then drink some (or a lot) of beer.Everybody has to get up in the morning to go to work or school, so nobody deserves any of the stuff that you guys (and gals) are talking about here.

Being a ref for more than 25 years, I can just about guarantee you that the stuff being discussed here would NOT be tolerated in my game, as well as a lot of the guys that I work with in this area.

Play hockey for the fun of it, not to see how creative you can get in your ideas to hurt other players. :mad: