View Single Post
Old
02-09-2010, 05:11 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
The only issue I have with what Torts said is what we currently put on the ice. If we're looking to seriously establish a core to build around, why the hell aren't we seeing Heikkanen on the blue line to see if we have a legit two way defenseman in the system to step in for a Rosy move or as a precursor to swallowing Redden's contract.

Add to that Anisimov getting paired with players he's not likely to seriously center in the future. Either bump him to 12+ minutes on broadway, or allow him to play alongside Grachev on the Pack. Christensen in all likely-hood will not be a part of this team's future. Keeping him plugged in as the current top-line because of his current chemistry with Gabby and Prospal tells me Torts isn't in development mode, and instead is looking to win now. I'm not hating on him for that, because as a fan, I want to see a team that wins games, but in the modern NHL your team can't be everything. Either they're developing players, or they're making a playoff push. Very rarely is a team able to handle both.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote