View Single Post
Old
02-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
All I can comment on is what I feel and like yourself I've used woodies for 35 years. I did not notice a difference in feel when I switched.

I use Harrow composite 2 pieces if that helps any. I do know they designed them for feel and not to be the lightest stick on the market. The shafts have vibration absorbing things inserted every few inches.

Whatever ... I am not lying about it. I don't think you have to be a pro to tell the difference between feels. I used wood for many years .... you would think I would have noticed a huge change.

The composites today are better than when Super Mario played by the way. That was what .... 2005 when he called it a career? 5 years ago .... lots of things have changed with compos between now and then.

Hey I'm just sayin'. I personally did not notice anything to get upset about and have had NO issues whatsoever.
I never said you were lying, but you were trying to equate people having problems with composite sticks, to them not having soft hands, which is wrong.

The technology of composites sticks is roughly the same as when Lemieux retired. Also to show how much of a difference there is with a composite, Lemieux was so talented that he never doctored up his sticks. He would take his wood sticks right off the rack and use them straight.

So if someone that talented said there is a difference between wood and composite, and dozens upon dozens of people I know have said it, plus the fact that I know it personally.... then I'm gonna go ahead and say there is a difference.