View Single Post
Old
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyfolks View Post
... or not. He will certainly get his shot, but I don't think the Wings need, or even should, carry a player for fear of losing them to the waiver he does not fit into the opening season plans. I do think he will earn a longer look, but I am not sold on this guy as an NHL level player. He has never played at a + in Grand Rapids and has never really had a break out year. His point totals were not bad last year and he is doing OK this season. I think more was expected of him as a shooter. I am on the fence with this guy. No way he can play on a checking/defensive line so the question becomes can he play on the 2nd or 3rd line. I question it, but he didwell in last year's camp and a good center makes all the difference in the world for a player such as him.
You sound like Go Wings, man Ritola led the Grifs with a +10 in 07-08 And he can easily play on a defensive line. He's a regular PKer and performs his duties well.

Ritola is a skill player, definitely the type that plays better with better skill around him. He often plays with little skill on his line in GR. I think we'll see him starting out on the 4th line next year in Detroit and working his way up to the 3rd.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote