View Single Post
Old
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
skating

if you cant skate well you will never be a player that is looked at as good. thats the first thing the other team notices, who can skate well. if they skate well thats usually a sign that you are a pretty decent hockey player. thats what i work on alot, im a pretty good skater now, not anything special, but im working on getting my skating to top 10% percent of my league.

i take power skating lessons one on one with a great instructor which helps alot.
Skating, exactly. I'd say that out of 13 guys on my team, I skate better than 3 of them. So I'm not the worst. Thing is, those three guys still do things with the puck that at this point I can only do in brief flashes. I'm sure it would all seem easier to me if I was moving faster, and that is probably the biggest thing, but I still feel there is more. Foot speed ain't stopping me from tipping shots and getting to rebounds.

I can't see myself going to a power skating instructor as a 28-year old adult safe player. Is it a matter of building leg strength? I can do that at the gym or at home. Is a lot of it technique?

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote