Pro: Owners or Players?
View Single Post
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
If small market teams can't draw, fold!
Originally Posted by
Who are you guys supporting in this...
it was a huge mistake to expand the way the league did under Baddman. The owners created this mess, Baddman went back and asked to renew the CBA. If I'm the players I tell the NHL, you want a hard cap, we want:
1) Bettman axed and replaced with a real hockey guy that knows the sport, Ken Dryden, Wayne, Bobby Orr, etc.
2) After 6 years from the draft a player is a UFA.
3) No guaranteed contracts, fine, up front bonus money does apply towards the cap, straight salary only.
4) Can the major networks and start a hockey network, show NHL, AHL, Jrs, etc. 24 hour hockey network.
5) if teams do not use the total cap, the balance goes to the NHLPA. 1/3 goes to the old timers pension fund, the balance to current NHL players pension fund, split equally amongst the current rostered players.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ATLANTARANGER*