Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lehtonen to DAL for Ivan Vishnevskiy + 4th
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
What is the rush? Seriously I understand that he has not made a lot of moves but what trade needs to be made before the deadline that can not be made in the Summer?
Well certain players tend to be more movable when teams are just in or outside the playoffs. They have the pressure bug to surge into the playoffs or add some insurance to do well if/when they get in. In the Summer they are more worried about crunching cap numbers and free agents. Some of those contracts are likely IMO just easier to move now than in the Summer. Their value might be less at that point as well.

I mean hmm... do I want to trade and give up an asset for an overpaid Moreau or Staios? Rather than possibly get a comparable player on a cheaper contract and give up no assets now that UFA season is here? I know my answer if I was in that position. Those guys would probably be a last resort plan.

Besides to be honest I recall you said something very similar to this just before the draft. What is the rush to make moves at the draft when they can be done in the Summer. I think you remember not much happened. So you could probably excuse some people from getting a antsy about things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Are you willing to give up a first round draft pick? Teams are probably asking for the Oilers first round pick and Tambellini isn't letting go of that first round draft pick.
As usual you greatly exaggerate the situation. No one ever even ask for a top 2 pick just to move some contract like Moreau or Staios etc...

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 02-09-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote