View Single Post
Old
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Auguste Escoffier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Funny thing is didn't souray mention Dallas as a team he'd go to? I can't remember.

Hockeyfan4life, I didn't realize there was another hockey fan in Oklahoma. I'm about 30 minutes north east of Tulsa.

I think it's awesome that professional teams are coming to Oklahoma. Somebody asked what some positives are about to OKC. The biggest one? Fan base. That's the reason the Thunder came here. When the Hornets came here after hurricane katrina, the support was huge. It was so big that the NBA knew they had to get a team here ASAP. Another good example is the OKC Blazers. Very strong fanbase through out that franchise. Being from Tulsa I was an Oiler (tulsa) fan, and aside from when we won the championship in 93, OKC would kick our ass pretty regularly. I was extremely surprised the Blazers folded. I heard it was because of the economy, not due to low attendence. Maybe Hockeyfan4life could explain why they folded better. Either way, I'm excited to get an AHL team here in Oklahoma. We are finally starting to shift into the pro market, rather than just be a die hard college state. God I hate college sports.
I'd hate college sports too if I had to cheer for the Spooners.

Hook 'em Horns.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote