Old
02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
that goal is a longshot though at best. They need to realize this and Prepare for next year and what moves need to be made. With the right moves they can be right back into a real cup contender.
Imagine you're Paul Holmgren and you're having a meeting with Ed Snider (and Peter Luukko I guess) and you're trying to sell them on trading for an outcast goalie with a huge cap number who is an expiring contract for a guy you had so much faith in that you signed him to an 8-year contract, gave him a no-move clause, and you want to trade him to get rid of his cap number.

These are questions if I'm Snider and Luukko:

1 - Why are we trying to acquire our 4th goaltender since July?
2 - Why are we trying to trade a player who got a franchise-player worthy contract with a no-move clause?
3 - Why did we trade essentially 6 1st round draft picks for Matt Carle and Chris Pronger if the need to clear out cap space for next season outweighs the contributions of this player could provide in the playoffs? With that Pronger trade you indicated that the Stanley Cup was within reach.
4 - Why would we be ok with this? We don't even let the Sixers do it, and they're completely hopeless.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote