View Single Post
Old
01-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Why should we not look at the circumstances around the deadline deals? He was the GM leading up to that. And he still hasn't made the playoffs. How can you not look at that.

This rebuilding the four years too late.
four years too late?

well i wasn't a member of these boards four years ago to see what fans were saying to even know if your just saying that.

shouldnt' the rebuild have started under neil smith. itsn't it a bit short sighted to just blame sather and not bring smiths name up?

hindsight is 20/20 and from what i remember fans loved the holik and kasper signings.

a poster above mentioned how people loved the bure trade.

the york trade hasn't turned out great but the rangers did aquire a young defenseman in the deal.

giving sather no credit in my humble opinion isn't fair but i'm not going to have another year of being the bad guy defending sather. for the first time in who knows how long the rangers are rebuilding and fans are still complaining about the past. relax and enjoy this because when we are celebrating stanley cups and there are a million more bandwagon fans we can look around this room and know what fans have stood by this team during the bad times.

the FACT is the rebuild has started. on the surface sather seems to be doing a good job. the rangers have a lot of good young prospects playing around the world and things are looking up. now if we only had an nhl team to root for