Old
09-25-2003, 09:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperSniper
I think the author has the defense pretty well covered in that:
Timonen, York, Eaton, Kloucek, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Schnabel will probably be the 7 kept. This goes into the "We're going to give our youth a chance" mentality that Poile has been pushing. Allison, would be the odd man out if he is not used as a filler on offense. I think Hutch and Murphy are headed down.

What confuses, or bugs me is his coverage of the forwards...I wonder if he has inside info on his lines or is he guessing. If the scenario in this article is true, then it appears that that the final two spots come down to Erat vs. Upshall for a 3rd line wing position and Tootoo vs. Hall for a 4th line wing position.

With the statement: "Trotz stresses that starting in Milwaukee of the American Hockey League doesn’t mean a player will stay there. He also admits that making the final few cuts will be difficult." i wonder if he is setting us up for Upshall and Hall going to Milwaukee?

Either way, I don't see any of those four being kept up and routinely scratched for the purposes of depth.
I can promise you that statement about staying in the NHL wasn't made about Hall. Hall is the hardest worker on our team, period. We don't have to worry about him pulling an Erat and getting lazy on us, I'd worry more about Arhipov than I would Adam Hall.