02-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
canadaBacon wrote ...

Not true.

Dont get drunk before you play.

Beer is full of B12
So all of a sudden people drink beer before a game because it is an energy drink. LMAO What is your belief about b12 anyway? I ask this because I take B12 everyday in large doses so I do not get sick and die, I have Pernicious Anemia. I have a disease that requires it and will need to take 7,000 mcgs a day for life to maintain blood levels. The absorbtion rate of b12 is really terrible and high doses are needed to actually get extra B12. It takes years for your liver to store 5 years worth since food is relatively low in B12 because your liver stores it and does not use much when it is needed.

Before you answer .... it takes up to 3 days for any "extra" B12 to be put into use by your body if you need B12 because your B12 levels are low. If your levels are NOT low B12 is a water soluble vitamin and ANY extra is passed out in waste. Your liver stores 5 years worth of B12 and uses it as needed as you get very very little in everyday food. Intrinsic factor, a protein secreted by your stomach, bonds with B12 and is carried off through your digestive system to your liver.

B12's main benefit is blood production and the resulting nerve health and increased metabolism and not extra energy. You are confusing an elevated metabolism with an instant before game consumed energy drink. It just does not work that way ..... at all.

And throw in beer drinkers lower folic acid levels it creates more problems than it benefits from the consumed B vitamins. Folic acid is a b vitamin by the way, B9. You see ALCOHOL is not good for your liver and how it distributes vitamins necessary to be healthy.

Well I'm just saying .... glorifying drinking alcohol before playing hockey is pretty stupid B12 or not. How's this .... playing buzzed hockey is playing drunk hockey, just like in the drunk driving commercials. Drinking before a game is as stupid as drinking before working in the wood shop with power tools.

In any case some of things you come out with amaze me. I'm still thinking of your comments about how a skate hollow determines how fast a blade dulls like somehow a shallower hollow weakens the metal or something.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-11-2010 at 01:08 AM.